How to configure gmail account to use for SMTP mail server.
Gmail mail server would be setup for your gmail account and you can use it for SMTP.
If you want to use your gmail address to use as SMTP then you have to configure settings so gmail account will work as a mail server.
Its very easy just follow these simple steps 🙂
1. Login with your gmail account and click on the gear icon on the right side then go to settings.
2. Go to Forwarding and POP/IMAP tab and scroll down to Enable IMAP and click on save changes.
3. Now go to your Google account settings, then click on Sign-in & security.
4. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and enable ‘Allow less secure apps’ option.
5. Finally, this is the most IMPORTANT step to follow.
Note: Please make sure to login with only that gmail account which you are configuring for SMTP and give access to your gmail account for security purposes by clicking on this link:
Great job 🙂
Now you can send and receive emails on by using your Gmail mail sender server on your gmail account.